Mild To Severe Ulcerative Colitis

Up to £2670 plus reasonable travel

About This clinical research study

MAC Clinical Research are currently conducting a trial to test a potential new treatment for ulcerative colitis (UC). UC is a chronic inflammatory disease of the rectal & colonic mucosa which is characterised by periods of remission and relapse, or ‘flare-ups’. Autoimmune and inflammatory diseases such as UC can happen when a person’s immune system becomes unbalanced.

The study medicine, PT101, has been developed as a variation of a protein in our bodies known as interleukin-2 (IL-2). In previous studies PT101 has been shown to increase a type of immune cell in the body called regulatory T cells (Tregs), which are believed to bring balance back to the immune system and help reduce acute inflammation, a cause of UC flare-ups.

Up to £2670 plus reasonable travel

Clinics

Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, South Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire

Therapy Area

Ulcerative Colitis

Gender and Age

Males and Females aged 18 - 80

A full description of the study will be given before you decide to take part, both over the phone and during an appointment at a MAC clinic. This will include you receiving the full patient information sheet (PIS).

If you contact us, it does not mean you have to decide at that point whether to participate.
If you do decide to participate you are free to withdraw at any time.

This trial will test the safety and efficacy of PT101, compared to placebo (dummy medication). During the trial, eligible participants will receive the study drug or placebo by subcutaneous (under the skin) injection and have a 4 in 5 chance (80%) of receiving PT101 and a 1 in 5 chance (20%) of receiving placebo.

Eligible participants will attend a total of 15 outpatient visits, including 2 endoscopies, over a period of approximately 16 weeks. After this period, eligible patients can choose to participate in an additional study period of 40 weeks which would involve an additional 10 outpatient visits.

Reimbursement: Up to £2670 plus reasonable travel

Key Inclusion Criteria

Key Exclusion Criteria

Other eligibility criteria will apply. Please contact MAC for more information.

Eligible patients will receive a comprehensive health screen and study participation will be in collaboration with the participants’ treating physician.

ABOUT CLINICAL RESEARCH STUDIES

Clinical research studies are performed as a way of bringing about progress in medicine and research. Clinical research studies make it possible to scientifically assess the properties of a drug, to demonstrate the effectiveness and safety of a treatment or a medical device, or to learn more about a disease and methods to diagnose and monitor it.

If the study is successful, it may be an important step towards developing a promising new treatment.

MAC Clinical Research is currently conducting a new clinical research study for Ulcerative Colitis.

If you would like more information, please fill in the form below and we will be in touch…

Alternatively, please call our recruitment team on freephone 0800 633 5507.

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • (You can enter any supporting information here)
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
Data Privacy Statement

Know someone who may be interested in taking part? Share this page here:

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on email
Email